The TDRSP can be purchased here for any new hard disk drive, solid state drive and mobile device, valid for THREE (3) years. This allows for ONE (1) hardware or software related data recovery attempt, at our Economy Service Level, including shipping, spares, labour and a destination device of adequate capacity up to a maximum of 1TB.
Terms and Conditions Apply
WHAT IS THE TECLEO DATA RECOVERY SERVICE PLAN?
This is a hard disk drive, solid state drive and mobile device data recovery service plan and NOT a warranty or insurance. The plan is available for new devices and is valid for This allows for ONE (1) hardware or software related data recovery attempt, at our Economy Service Level, including shipping, spares, labour and a destination device of adequate capacity up to a maximum of 1TB.
WHY DO I NEED A DATA RECOVERY SERVICE PLAN?
Hard drives, solid state drives, and mobile devices fail without notice, even within the manufacturer's warranty period. Such is life, and then we also make mistakes. It is not a question of IF but rather WHEN will you experience data loss. When it does, you can return the device to have it repaired or replaced depending on the warranty terms, BUT YOUR DATA WILL BE LOST FOREVER.
Why is that you may ask? - Well, the manufacturer warranty only covers the hardware - they do not accept any responsibility for your data as having a restorable backup is considered to be your responsibility, much like wearing a seatbelt or maintaining your vehicle.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES?
- PEACE OF MIND - The data rescue attempt will be undertaken by professionals specializing in data recovery since 1999 in the unfortunate event of your device failing without a valid data backup in hand.
- NO MORE GUESS WORK - No more running around trying to find a reliable data recovery service provider when the smelly stuff hits the fan.
- NO BUDGET SHOCKS - Have a fixed data recovery price valid for three years.
- ECONOMICAL - Prevention is cheaper than a cure - A typical data recovery could cost you thousands of rands.
Data Recovery Service Plan Terms And Conditions
WHAT IS COVERED BY THE TECLEO DATA RECOVERY SERVICE PLAN (TDRSP)?
- The TDRSP entitles you, THE CUSTOMER, to ONE (1) hardware, or software related data recovery attempt during the plan's ACTIVE PERIOD for the specific storage device for which the plan was purchased, at our Economy Service Level (10-15 business day turn-around), including shipping, spares, labour and a destination device, of adequate capacity, up to a maximum 1TB.
- The TDRSP is available for any new internal, or external hard disk drive (HDD), solid state (SSD) drive and mobile device purchased either from TECLEO or a 3rd party.
- Provided the TDRSP is taken out within thirty (30) days from purchase and;
- Subject to the receipt of the original invoice including the serial number(s) of the device(s).
- Standard, Priority and High Priority data recovery service options are available at an additional cost as per the rates at the time of the redemption.
- The ACTIVE PERIOD for the TDRSP is TWO (2) years (730 calendar days), from the date of purchase, with the option to extend the period, at no additional cost, to THREE (3) years (1095 calendar days) by registering the details of your purchase on our website (End User Registration), if you purchased your device with a TDRSP from a third party (another company) or extended automatically if purchased directly from TECLEO.
DATA RECOVERY IS NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE!
- The recovery shall be on a "best effort" basis, and TECLEO cannot guarantee or promise specific results.
- No refunds will be made where the data was partially recovered or unrecoverable.
- The TDRSP may be transferred with the device without alteration to the terms of the plan.
- The plan will terminate at whichever of these occurs first:
- The end of the active period;
- Once the plan has been used once for data recovery services;
- Should any other data recovery attempts have been made including any physical tampering of the device.
- We reserve the right to amend or terminate the terms of this TDRSP and may require a reasonable additional fee before we render the service if any device is recalled by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (“OEM”).
- The plan includes free courier collection and delivery.
- Within the borders of South Africa.
- Excluding Servers, Complete PC's and Laptops.
- Please allow 2-3 working days for courier collections and deliveries.
- Collection of additional drives/media (e.g. destination media) is subject to additional charges.
TECLEO will provide and transfer the recovered data, for successfully completed electro-mechanical (hardware related) data recoveries, to a destination device, of adequate capacity, up to 1TB, without the obligation to re-install or re-load your operation system and other programs.
- You will be welcome to provide a destination drive should the recovered data be more than 1TB.
- TECLEO will transfer the recovered data for software related data recoveries to the device that was sent in for recovery, without the obligation to re-install or re-load your operation system and other programs.
- The customer acknowledges to be the legal owner, representative, or otherwise, have legitimate rights to the property and all data contained as sent or handed over to us.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES
- TECLEO will not be held liable for any claims regarding the physical functioning of the hard drive, equipment, and/or media or the condition or existence of data on the storage media supplied before, during or after the service.
- TECLEO will further not be held liable for any direct or indirect damages, including loss of data, loss of revenue, incidental or consequential, before, during or after the service.
- All information, data, and equipment handed over or recovered by us will be protected from unauthorized access or disclosure using the same degree of care as we use to protect our own confidential information.
- You are required to provide true, accurate and complete information about yourself including, without limitation, your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number, as applicable (collectively, “Personal Data”).
- You must maintain and promptly update your Personal Data.
- You acknowledge that we may send you information, notices, and promotional material via e-mail.
- We shall have no liability associated with or arising from your failure to maintain accurate Personal Data.
HARD DRIVE MANUFACTURER WARRANTIES
- The warranty seals, in most cases, have to be broken to recover the data from a device with a physical issue, voiding the original manufacturer’s warranty.
- The original device will not be returned but will be securely disposed of, after the recovery attempt, irrespective of the outcome.
- You should, if possible, back up accessible data on the device before sending it to TECLEO.
- The TDRSP will be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the Republic of South Africa, and all disputes, actions and other matters relating to it will be determined in accordance with such law.
TECLEO has a proven track record and has been providing professional data recovery services since 1999. DATA RECOVERY IS HOWEVER NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE. Having a good data "protection" strategy is critical. We recommend that the customer follows these safety tips to avoid data loss:
- Perform a regular back-up!
- We recommend using a program like Goodsync Backup and Sync Software.
- Store a current copy of your data on another storage device.
- Test your backups regularly.
- Keep at least one tested copy in a secure off-site location.
- Invest in a reliable back-up strategy.
- Back-up and test the data before performing any system upgrades.
- Install a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) for all your computer equipment to protect against power spikes, blackouts, and other power issues.
- Turn off external storage devices only after shutting down the computer to avoid possible data corruption from occurring.
- Purchase and regularly update a reliable anti-virus solution.
- Do not move the laptop, PC or external drive while it is switched on.
- Provide adequate ventilation around your computer equipment.
- Turn the device of immediately should you hear any strange noises.
- These sounds may indicate a mechanical problem that could result in permanent data loss.
- See also the video "Ten things you should not do to a failing or failed hard drive!" if you have critical data on the drive.
THIS IS A DATA RECOVERY SERVICE PLAN AND NOT A WARRANTY OR INSURANCE. WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO RECOVER YOUR DATA - DATA RECOVERY IS HOWEVER NOT GUARANTEED.