- An Employee:
- emails confidential information to your competitors or deletes confidential information and you need to know what data was on that computer and what happened to the data;
- is selling your stock on the side or "moonlighting"...;
- visits websites forbidden by company policy and delete the evidence;
- misuses company assets by storing movies etc. on the servers/computers and deletes the evidence ...
- You Purchase A Going Concern:
- Only to find that vital financial and other crucial data and programs have been deleted;
- suspecting that the financial figures provided do not reflect the actual status of the company.
- All negative publicity/correspondence etc. have been deleted ...
What Is A Data Forensic Analysis / Investigation?
- Typically the process determining, extracting (recovering) and reporting from an electronic data device:-
- What files and other data (i.e. documents, emails, databases etc.) that were deleted and when.
- When last was the computer and files accessed.
- Where, when and from whom were emails sent and received.
- What emails were deleted and when?
- What programs that were deleted or uninstalled and when.
- What websites were visited and when?
- Files and other data protected by a password, encryption, compression or other methods.
Tags: Digital Forensics Computer Forensics Data Forensics Electronic Forensics Digital Search And Seizure Digital Evidence Digital Forensic Investigation Data Message Forensics Electronic Evidence Forensic Duplicates