Confidential company data has long been the target of fraudsters who practice identity theft.
We can offer you a 100% confidential data destruction, shredding, sanitization and wiping service taylored to fit your specific needs.
OUR DATA DESTRUCTION SERVICES UP TO DoD STANDARDS (US DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE) INCLUDE:
OUR DATA SHREDDING, SANITIZATION AND DESTRUCTION GUARANTEE
- Data devices, media and equipment are sanitized according to the US Department of Defence (DoD) standards.
- US DoD 5220.22-M Hardware Sanitize - The physical destruction of the data devices and media.
- US DoD 5220.22-M Clearing - The degaussing of hard disk drives and magnetic tapes.
- Software sanitization - A three pass software random character overwrite of all hard disk drive sectors.
- Software sanitization is no Longer accepted by the DoD despite the fact that it is physically impossible, after a single data overwrite, to recover any data once hard disk drive sectors have been overwritten.
- See also National Institute of Standards and Technolog (NIST) - Guidelines for Media Sanitization.
OUR GREEN IT DISPOSAL AND RECYCLING POLICIES
- We are committed to the re-use of new and used data storage device components as part of our data recovery processes and the recycling of these and all other electronic components once they are no longer functional or of further use.
- Shredded paper, destroyed hard disk drives, CD's and DVD's, Compact Flash Drives, Mobile Devices and all other destroyed electronic equipment will be disposed of by way of recycling.
- Data tapes will be dumped as landfill. South African recycling companies do not accept digital tape media for recycling primarily due to:
- Their composition "“ typically approx. 20% plastic, 1% metal and 79% magnetic tape;
- Vast material differences between the different type of data tapes;
- And the challenges in separating the recyclable materials once they have been destroyed.